MVHS Field Show Tournament Director Information
October 2, 2021
Mission Viejo High School
25025 Chrisanta Dr. Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Check-in – All directors must check in on arrival to collect your additional event passes. Check-in is on Chrisanta Drive after you turn from La Paz (look for the Welcome Tent on your right). You will receive your director’s packet and will be guided to your assigned parking location.
- Parking Information – Please check‐in with the parking staff upon arrival, and they will escort you to your assigned parking area. We request that all trucks, trailers, and equipment vehicles arrive TOGETHER with the student buses. Space is limited, and the parking has been mapped to accommodate all the schools based on their size and number of attendees. Directors need to present WBA credentials.
- Wristbands – Wristbands for performers and pit crew/parent helpers will be given to you in your check‐in packet upon arrival per WBA regulations. We highly recommend you distribute wristbands to your students immediately after you receive them. These wristbands only provide access to designated seating for performers. Directors and staff will need to use their official WBA Membership Badge for admission to the stadium.
- Pit/Chaperone Credentials – WBA provides passes based on the number of members in each unit. All units get a minimum of 10 wristbands. These wristbands only provide access to designated seating for performers. Any chaperones or other guests that wish to watch on the home side will be asked to purchase a general admission spectator wristband from the ticket booth.
- Performer Re-entry – At check‐in, you will receive a seating assignment for your ensemble. Gate ushers will direct you to the appropriate entrance gate and seating area. Please sit in the designated areas.
- Restrooms – Located on both sides of the stadium and on campus (on-site guides will direct you). Wristbands are required to enter the stadium area.
- First Aid – See map included in the director packet.
- Hospitality – We have a wonderful hospitality area for staff members to eat and relax, on the tennis court next to the stadium. We invite you and your staff to join us for some great food and refreshments. See map included in the director packet.
- Music Warm Up Areas – All upper parking lots are quiet zones. Practice may take place on campus or on the lower practice fields. Percussion, please stay as far from quiet zones as possible.
- Percussion Equipment/Props – Please make sure you have adequate staff and means to assist the moving of your percussion equipment and props to and from the performance area. Please see the Detailed Schedule for Front Ensemble report times on the WBA website. Motorized vehicles are NOT allowed on the field turf at any time.
- Staff Viewing Area/Sound Mixing Area – There are observation areas located on both sides of the press box open for staff viewing, sound mixing, and videographers only; must show WBA credentials. An usher can guide you to the area.
- Yard Line Markers – Yard line markers will be available both at the front and the back of the field.
- Drum Majors – The awards ceremony will begin at approximately 9:45 pm. Please send your student leadership to the track on the north-west side of the stadium (the back of side 2, where the front ensembles pre‐stage). They should arrive by 9:30 pm.
- CompetitionSuite – Prior to arrival please make sure you have access to your CompetitionSuite account.
- Critique – Critique will NOT be available at the event.